The Lowdown has no raffles currently running.
The Lowdown Raffle Rules
Below are the rules (“Rules”) for The Lowdown's summer raffle giveaway (the “Giveaway”):
Participation Window. The Giveaway shall begin at _____ on __________, and shall end at _____ on __________, with all times being Mountain Standard Time (the “Participation Window”).
- A Qualified Participant may submit multiple photographs or videos consistent with Section 1(a), with one entry for the first photo uploaded in a category and two entries for the first video uploaded in a category, with a maximum of three entries per multimedia category.
Qualified Participant. A Qualified Participant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age as of __________, be a legal resident of the contiguous United States (excludes AK, HI, AS, GU, MP, PR, VI). No employee of The Lowdown or his/her immediate family members shall be eligible to be a Qualified Participant and/or participate in the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted.
Release. By participating in the Giveaway, each Qualified Participant hereby agrees, warrants and represents that he/she has all rights in and to the content of his/her entries into the Giveaway and does hereby grant to The Lowdown (The Lowdown”), their respective affiliates and each of their present and former officers, shareholders, directors, employees, partners and agents (collectively, “The Lowdown Releasees”) the perpetual right to use in any manner and media the content, including derivative works or variations of the content, of any Giveaway entry. For the avoidance of doubt, by participating in the Giveaway, each Qualified Participant does hereby release The Lowdown Releasees of any claim related to the use and/or rights related to content submitted via the Giveaway.
Prize. The prize shall consist of gift cards or similar items obtained and awarded at The Lowdown's sole discretion.
- Following the close of the Participation Window, the winning entry will be randomly selected by an employee of The Lowdown.
- A representative from The Lowdown will contact the submitter of the winning entry to confirm the identity and availability of the Qualified Participant to receive the Prize. If the Giveaway winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of initial contact, the Giveaway winner forfeits all rights to the Prize, and The Lowdown shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate the Giveaway or to randomly select another entry from the remaining eligible entries as determined by the producer(s). The Giveaway winner, if known, may be announced online via The Lowdown's website, Twitter account and/or Facebook page.
- The Giveaway winner consents to The Lowdown's usage of his/her name, image, audio material and/or submission, and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further requests for permission of use, or compensation of any kind. The Giveaway winner may, at The Lowdown's sole discretion, be further required to sign a release and/or waiver prior to receiving the Prize and The Lowdown may also require all individuals depicted in the winning submission to provide The Lowdown with a valid release and grant of rights in perpetuity for all uses.
- The Prize is non-transferable and may not be substituted for other consideration.
- The Lowdown shall not be liable or responsible for the Giveaway winner's travel or other accommodations to claim the Prize and/or to participate in any aspect of the Prize, and Giveaway winner agrees that it will be solely responsible for such travel or other accommodations.
- The Lowdown assumes no responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry, email or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information, including those that may decrease or increase the chances of winning or participating in the Giveaway.
- The Lowdown reserves the right to revoke the Prize if the Giveaway winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made indicating that such individual was a winner. The Lowdown may, due to the unavailability of a portion of the Prize, award or substitute other prize(s) of like value for such portion of the Prize.
- The Lowdown shall not be responsible, or held liable, for any Prize awarded in connection with the Giveaway that is subject to, but not limited to, cancellation, postponement, or delay. The Lowdown shall not be liable for any claim resulting from, but not limited to, injury or damage incurred in connection with the Giveaway. With regards to any dispute(s) regarding the Giveaway, the decision of The Lowdown with respect to such dispute(s) will be final. These Rules are subject to change without notice. In the event of any discrepancy between these Rules and any Giveaway terms or rules announced to the public, these Rules shall apply. Each Qualified Participant consents and agrees to the adherence of these Rules.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the Prize will be based on available information and the value of any Prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the Giveaway winner. If The Lowdown, over the course of the calendar year, believes that the total taxable value of any Prize won by a Qualified Participant is equal to or greater than Six Hundred Dollars ($600), then The Lowdown shall issue an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099-MISC to such individual. Each Giveaway winner shall be responsible for reporting all Prize values to the appropriate authorities and submitting to The Lowdown a completed IRS Form W-9 (or equivalent) upon request by The Lowdown.
Last updated: July 22, 2022